ABC Aerolíneas S.A. de C.V. (dba Interjet®), as a productive company whose main focus is to provide its passengers with a differentiated travel experience, by offering its customers high quality products in exchange of a compelling value, has created this Customer Service Plan, with the object of sharing our responsibility and commitment with you, our valued customer. The implementation of our Customer Service Plan applies to all international flights to/from the U.S.A. in our itineraries and it conforms to the following points:
- 1. We offer the lowest available price.
Interjet offers the lowest available published fare through:
- Our website: www.interjet.com (search by price)
- Our Interjet App* for Smartphones at the following link.
- Our sales offices and modules.
- Our Reservations Call Center:
- Toll Free from the USA: 1 866 285 9525
- Local in Mexico City: 55 1102 5555
Based on our sales model, making your purchase in advance will provide you with our lowest available fares.
- 2. Notifying clients of any delays, flight cancellations or known reroutes.
Interjet shall notify consumers of known delays, cancellations, and diversions as required by 14 C.F.R. 259.8.
Namely, should Interjet’s flight operation be affected by delays, cancellations or diversion of 30 minutes or more within seven calendar days of the scheduled date of a planned operation, we will inform passengers who are ticketed or hold reservations and the public of these changes by way of the following channels listed below within 30 minutes after Interjet becomes aware of such change(s) in the status of the flight:
- 1. The flight status information shall be provided at the boarding gate area for all flights at U.S. airports, on Interjet’s website, and via Interjet’s telephone reservation system upon inquiry by any person.
- 2. The flight status information shall be provided via any flight status notification service provided by Interjet.
- 3. The flight status information shall be provided via all flight status displays and other sources of flight information that are under the carrier’s control at U.S. airports with information on the flight irregularity.
- 4. In addition, if the airport-controlled display system at an U.S. airport accepts flight status updates from carriers, Interjet shall provide flight irregularity information to that airport for Interjet’s scheduled flights to, from, or within the U.S.
It is Interjet’s responsibility to deliver the passengers’ baggage on time, however, should there be an instance where this is not the case, Interjet will do every effort possible to make delivery of the baggage as soon as possible.
In the case your baggage is:
- Not found at the destination airport. We ask that you contact Interjet’s airport personnel to notify the situation and to provide the required information to file a Lost Baggage Claim which will expedite the process to locate and follow-up on your baggage.
- Not found or delivered at the destination airport within the first 24 hours of the flight arrival. Interjet will compensate the passenger for the reasonable expenses that result from the delay in delivery, up to the liability limit of 1,131 Special Drawing Rights as provided under Article 22 of the Montreal Convention, while continuing the process to locate the baggage.
- Not found or delivered after 8 days following the date of the flight arrival. We kindly ask that you contact our Customer Service representatives for assistance regarding due compensation per the applicable laws.
- Lost. We will reimburse passengers for any fee charged to transport a bag that is lost.
We recommend carrying in your hand baggage any valuable items such as but not limited to: your identification documents, keys, money, items of high-value, medications, non-perishable snacks, credit cards, jewelry, electronic devices (examples: PDAs, cameras, cell phones, Smartphones, MP3 players), and personal or legal documents.
- Within a period of 7 business days after the refund request has been approved for a purchase made with a credit or debit card.
- Within a period of 7 business days after the refund request has been approved for a purchase made with any other forms of payment.
- Interjet will allow cancelations of reservations without penalties, up to twenty-four hours after the reservations was made if the reservation was made one week or more prior to a flight´s departure.
- In case your travel is affected by causes that are attributable to Interjet or for any other extraordinary circumstances, you may request a refund which would be processed in the following manner:
- 5. Meet Passengers’ Needs per the Tarmac Delay Plan
Due to prolonged tarmac delays a plan has been implemented which applies to international flights to/from the United States.
The plan ensures that we meet essential needs as the ones described below:
- Access to adequate lavatory facilities.
- Provide adequate medical assistance when needed.
- Provide water and food snacks no later than two hours after leaving the gate, or two hours after landing while waiting for a gate.
- For more information, read the full Tarmac Delay Plan which can be found in our website here.
- 6. Customer Assistance due to impartial Denied Boarding and consistent with an oversold flight.
At Interjet, because our customers are unique and special to us, we are committed in our service to each and every one of them. Therefore, when you are sold a seat to fly on our airline, it is not just any seat, it is your seat, and this why at Interjet does not oversell any of our flights.
- 7. Providing your Itinerary and Travel Policies
Upon completing your ticket purchase, we will provide you with the confirmation and information of your itinerary, our Contract of Carriage as the Terms and Conditions that apply.
If your itinerary undergoes a change in the flight time (by departing more than 60 minutes after the original time of departure or more than 15 minutes before your original departure), we will do our best to contact you, first through the phone numbers you provided or by sending an email notification to the email address provided in the reservation, which is why it is to your advantage to provide thorough and accurate contact information.
Through our website www.interjet.com you can refer to the topics listed below, which contain important information regarding your trip:
We are at your service for any questions or concerns related to your trip by contacting our:
- Sales Offices and Service Modules
- Reservations Call Center
- Toll Free from the USA: 1 866 285 9525
- Local in Mexico City: 55 1102 – 5555
- 8. Assistance with Passenger Complaints
At Interjet we consider any feedback provided by our clients, essential to our growth and success, and as an important source of information on how our clients perceive our service; we consider complaints as opportunities provided by our customers to uphold the high quality of our services as well as a way to constantly improve them or make them more innovative.
This is why at Interjet; we are at your service through the following channels:
- Customer Service Center (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Central Time)
- Toll Free from the USA: 1 866 285 8307
- Local in Mexico City: 55 1102 – 5511
- Customer Service Email Address:
- Online Assistance
- Direct Access to our Sales Offices and Modules through our Passenger Comments Form.
- Postal Correspondence at the following address: Interjet Customer Service Center. Av. Capitán Carlos León s/n; Col. Zona Federal Aeropuerto Internacional Ciudad de MéxicoDelegación Venustiano CarranzaCiudad de México, C. P. 15620, México.
You can also send your complaints to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division (http://airconsumer.dot.gov/) at the following address:
Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75,
U.S. Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20590
Once we are in receipt of your comments or any correspondence, we will be sending you an acknowledgment within a period of 30 days, and we will be providing a definite response or resolution within 60 days of receipt. All of your comments are documented and registered in our system; therefore, your claim will be assigned a case number which will be notified in a prompt manner, so that if you need to follow-up with us, you can refer to your claim by its assigned case number through any of the channels aforementioned.
- 9. Identifying services to mitigate Customer inconveniences as a result of flight cancellations or incorrect connecting flights.
In instances where a cancellation, prolonged delay or missing a connecting flight; take place as a result of a situation attributable to Interjet, our Policy for Assistance to Passengers Affected by Delays and Cancellations will be applied, which conforms to the Law of Civil Aviation governed by the DGAC (Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil) under the SCT (Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes) in Mexico, with the purpose of minimizing the impact and effects that our passengers may experience as a result. Our policy takes into account the following actions, among others:
- Notification to our customers per section 2 of this plan.
- Flight protections by changing existing reservations to alternate flights, allowing the client to decide the most convenient ones on an individual basis.
- Modifying the itinerary to a different route than originally confirmed; the passenger will be subject to any fare differences that might apply on these type of instances.
- Providing lodging and corresponding meals when changing the reservation to offer a flight protection, using the existing trade agreements Interjet may have with hotels and restaurants.
- Process a refund of the affected flight per the conditions stated in section 5 of this plan.
- 10. Accommodation of Passengers with Disabilities
Interjet shall properly accommodate passengers with disabilities, as required by 14 CFR Part 382, and shall accommodate other special needs passengers as set forth in Interjet’s policies and procedures, including during lengthy tarmac delays.